Home Forums Community Discussions New to MachinaTrader Hello Newbie here

3 voices
11 replies
  • Author
    j4t1nd3r
    Participant

So I had alpha access but been pretty busy with life. I picked up a new job and moved since then!

Anyhow I was wondering how many other beta testers are there? What successful strategies have worked out for you guys? Got any tips? I am just paper trading for now until I have a handle on machinatrader. πŸ™‚

Patrick
    Participant

Hey Jatinder

Thanks for getting in touch. We have about 200 Users on the platform right now. Most of the institutionals and mainly with a focus to check out the possibilities that the product offers. We will release a major update of the trade engine and script editor in about 2 weeks from now. From then on you will be able to live trade with real funds. Over the next 2 months the statistics, marketplace and machine learning robo advisors will be added to the Beta instances as well.

Some hints I can give you anyways: We have seen great results using “Winter Trading” strategy on USD pairs on binance. Quick SMA and MACDX do also perform nicely when setup well.

As for strategy coding, I would wait until the release of the final script engine in 2 weeks, we will also update our documentation accordingly and that will be the best point to start to actually code your own strategies.

Get in touch if you want to know more!

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Is that setting the machinas base currency to USDT?

I have created a paper trading machina on binance. Base currency set to USDT.
    Using Winter Trend strategy.
    Starting amount set to 128 USDT (roughly 100 GBP), set to use the top 10 coins by volume.
    I have changed the minimum buy amount of volume from 300 to 10.

I tried something similar on bittrex but I kept getting errors. I will report back if the new binance machin trades. πŸ™‚

I noticed you guys have a bug, when you add the top 10 coins, it doesn’t populate the allowed coins field. I have to click in disallowed coins and then back to allowed for it to populate with empty boxes which are the allowed coins. The text does not appear in the boxes as they should.

Another issue to note, I find the website for the trader is not very responsive. Elements take time to load especially when going to the dashboard of the machina.

If you guys can give me any other tips or set expectations, I am all ears. Thanks

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Great news, the binance machina is trading without issue.

I noticed in the top left on the dashboard, the machina shows how much USDT I am holding.
    However how do I see the overall value of all the coins I am holding? As the machina has done a few trades and its showing a 10th of USDT that I am holding.

MT | Solo
    Keymaster

Hey Jatinder

Yes, Binance is the most stable one for sure in the Alpha version.

We are not far from pushing over 3 months of programming work to the next update. this is when we
    introduce the final script-engine of MT with a rework of all strategies and also some additions.
    This will also be the time when we will introduce the first version of our new documentation and learning university for strategy coding.
    This update also includes a total rework of the UI base tech, that takes care of all the “responsiveness” issues that we have seen. Additionally it will contain the first reworks of the design of some modules.

We have had, as startups do, many little and some bigger challenges over the last 5 months. Not only covid, but also the quick scaling of the team, the challenges around dealing with capital rounds and last but not least some engagements with faith itself πŸ˜‰

However, we are doing good, we have redone are planning and we will soonly release an actual roadmap for the next months until the public release.

That being said, the next months will be super exciting. We have a great product campaign coming up, with support of our official partners as well as some famouses faces of the industry.

Regarding the bug reporting: You are very welcome to send bug reports to [email protected] for the time being until we activate our built-in support ticket system. But bear in mind that the coming update will cover 99% of the bugs that You see in Your version today.

All the best
    Thierry / MachinaTrader Team

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Cool. Another bug I spotted:
    When you add top 10 coins as base selected as USDT, it will select BUSD which is another tethered coin to USD. So the funds tied into BUSD don’t move. I deleted the machina and recreated it to get around this.

Finally, I am trying to bring others onboard to using MachinaTrader however they are sceptical of trading bots in general. They want to know what reason was to make this trading bot public. They believe the trading bot would have made more profit for you guys by being private. Do you have a comment that I can pass on that?

I will wait for the big release before properly reporting bugs. πŸ™‚

Thanks

MT | Solo
    Keymaster

Hey Jatinder

About your last inquiry: yes we do have comments on that!

We actually get that question quiet commonly.

Now, we do not think that there is one “superbot” and we have surely not created it yet.
    What we did build is the best set of tools to allow the community to efficiently build on the best bots possible.
    We remove the hassle of all the difficulties of APIs in the Crypto World, Infrastructure Problems, all the technical background stuff that a strategy author does not want to care about.

Also, tell your friends that we only serve the historical market-data via our backend servers, your instance is a fully private machina and once you start live trading it gets market-data directly from the exchange.

We believe that it is the community and technology in a perfect symbiotic that allows for the next generation of trading bots.

Best
    Thierry

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Thnx for your response Solo. I appreciate it. πŸ™‚ I passed it on.

I also would like to know how does performance work?

If I put in a 100 usdt and it shows 50% performance, does that mean I am holding 150usdt worth of coins in my wallet?

Thanks

MT | Solo
    Keymaster

on the version that you have deployed right now, performance counter is taking all profits from all trades and adds them. This is due to the fact that you can have multi-currency bots with positions on multiple assets at the same time. However, the whole statistics part gets a full rework and we will release a more modest version of this soonly, where you have graphs, indepth details and 2 performance indicators, one like the original and a second one that counts profits vs. base pair amount value at start of the bot. This will allow for full transparency.

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Ah, thnx for the info.

I haven’t been able to login to my machina hive for the past 3 days. Are you guys pushing an upgrade through or something? Cloudfare keeps mentioning a host error.

j4t1nd3r
    Participant

Still cant login, error 504 gateway timeout, host error.

MT | Solo
    Keymaster

Hey Jatinder, Ill check it right now. Please make sure in future to go via [email protected] if you have a logon error or alike.

Sorry for the delay. Ill send you a private message once I checked your instance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu